Medical Assistant (MA)/Patient Care Coordinator
Company: Power Personnel
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: October 13, 2021
If you are a Patient Care Coordinator who is ready to advance your
career and be part of a world-renowned healthcare
organization, take the first step and apply now! Your
best future is waiting to be discovered!
- Top pay
- Great working location
- Health insurance
- Refer-a-friend bonus
- Weekly payroll
- 24-hour accessibility
- Personalized service
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certificate/Diploma from an approved school
/institution or equivalent documented training.
- 1 - 5 years of directly related experience
- BLS - Basic Life Support
- CMA - Certified Or Registered Medical Assistant
- Patient Care
- Prepares the necessary information (i.e. lab and procedural
results), equipment and supplies for exam.
- Assists physicians with procedure set-ups, patient procedures
- Performs patient care, including vital signs, weights, rooming,
assisting with procedures, medication administration (vaccinations)
and injections and other necessary tests.
- Administers medication following approved procedures and only
after checking medication and dose with a licensed person.
- Processes requests for prescription refills according to
- As required, performs waived testing (urine dipstick, urine
pregnancy test, blood glucose testing), perform EKGs, administer
- Collects and sends specimens to appropriate labs for testing
- Assists the physician with maintaining preventive health
measures for a panel of patients.
- Promptly and accurately reports and refers patient’ s concerns
and symptoms, reactions, changes (appropriate to age) to licensed
- Schedules and edits and maintains patient physician
appointments for new and returning patients, using the scheduling
- Schedule radiology appointments.
- Customer Service
- Maintains clean and orderly exam rooms, hallways and work
- Effectively responds to inquiries from patients, their
relatives and/or referring physicians on services and provides
accurate information in a timely fashion.
- Provides information, referrals and customer service
- Clerical Duties
- Informs patient’ s authorization and collects payment for new
and returning patients, using the scheduling system.
- Collects patient demographic and insurance data and enters into
systems as well as assigns medical record numbers
- Assures appropriate verifications and authorizations are
complete before patient sees provider
- Assists with all messaging from the patient to the physician in
a timely manner.
Power Personnel has been working with healthcare professionals like
you since 1994. We are the experts in healthcare staffing in
Northern California. That’ s why so many hospitals, clinics and
healthcare facilities rely on us for filling critical positions. If
you want competitive pay, excellent working conditions and a team
that supports you, we can help!
Refer a friend and get $125 bonus for every
*In order to get the bonus, the person referred must work at
least 20 shifts.
Keywords: Power Personnel, San Mateo , Medical Assistant (MA)/Patient Care Coordinator, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!