Automotive and Diesel Mechanic- First Group
Company: First Vehicle Services
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Fleet Maintenance TechnicianServicing the City of San MateoFirst
Vehicle Services, a leading fleet maintenance provider in North
America, is now hiring a Fleet Technician II!First Vehicle Services
is proud to offer:
- $40+/HR based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other
- Remove and replace engine, transmission and differential
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.Fleet
Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver s license required.
- 3-5 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Intermediate diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic s tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.Apply today to join our team!First
Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leader in
fleet maintenance providing services to governments, school
districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private
organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and fire
apparatus to light, medium and heavy-duty units, marked and
unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction
equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert
maintenance services to keep fleets up and running.We aspire to
have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and
retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
all. Associated topics: fertilizer, field, laborer, landscape,
landscaping, maintenance, paver, resurface, road, tree
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, San Mateo , Automotive and Diesel Mechanic- First Group, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!