Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The mission of the QSU is to facilitate cutting-edge scientific
studies initiated by Stanford investigators by providing expertise
in biostatistics and informatics, to mentor and educate clinical
investigators in research methods, and to mentor data scientists so
that they can reach their full potential. The QSU achieves its
mission through an interdisciplinary collaborative approach where
QSU members become fully integrated into individual research
- Design study.
- Develop and implement protocol for quality control.
- Create analytic files with detailed documentation.
- Select appropriate statistical tools for addressing a given
- Implement data analysis through statistical programming.
- Present results for investigators using graphs and tables.
- Summarize findings orally and in written form.
- Participate in the preparation of papers for publication.
- Consult with investigators on appropriate statistical
approaches to data analyses; assist in study design and proposal
- Mentor collaborators in areas of experimental design, quality
control, and statistical analysis.
- Develop oral and written dissemination of findings for
conference presentations and peer-reviewed journal articles.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics or related field
and three years of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient in at least two of R, SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
- Skills in descriptive analysis, modeling of data, and graphic
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to
both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated excellence in at least one area of expertise,
which may include coordinating studies; statistical methodology
such as missing data, survival analysis, statistical genetics, or
informatics; statistical computing; database design (e.g.,
expertise in RedCAP or MySQL); graphical techniques (e.g.,
expertise in Illustrator).
- Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and
use light/ fine grasping.
- Occasionally stand, walk, and write by hand, lift, carry, push
pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will
provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability
who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of
his or her job.
- May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or
business cycle needs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/ .
Why Stanford is for you
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms.
Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and
research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized
the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is
our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to
impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 5522
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 92672 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, San Mateo , Biostatistician, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!