Sr. Data Scientist
Company: Yoh A Day & Zimmermann Company
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 12, 2022
- Multiple locations: San Mateo, CA or Phoenix, AZ
- Machine Learning
Who We Are
Voted one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the Bay Area
for 2020, the Company is a family of companies that takes a
people-first approach to financial services, using technology to
empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial
future. The company was founded in 2002 on the belief that by
staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better
financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This
Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing
company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for
their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly
expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2300 employees
(known internally as The Company) in two locations: San Mateo, CA
and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, youll
understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work
for the last several years. Its a place where the Heart + $
philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is
only achieved by doing whats right for our customers, our
employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and
businesses, the Company holds itself to four core values that have
grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around
us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we
work with, and get better at what we do every day.
As a Senior Data Scientist at the Company, you will focus on
developing and deploying predictive and descriptive models
throughout the customer lifecycle, including machine learning
models. Additionally, you will conduct strategic analytics and the
develop BI to monitor program results. You will serve as a
strategic thought partner for leaders throughout the company,
helping them in identifying and exploiting opportunities where
modeling and analytics can add value.
- Build predictive and descriptive models, including machine
learning models from scratch and deploy them to production. Develop
and improve upon existing loss forecasting framework.
- Conduct deep-dive analytics on strategic initiatives
- Design bidding and response models to optimize marketing
activities, lead scoring and recommendation models to optimize
- Develop new infrastructure to augment the Risk Modeling team's
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal
- Serve as a strategic thought partner for leaders throughout the
- 3+ years of experience as a professional data scientist. This
is a must. (Experience in a regulated industry like banking with
hands-on compliance work is a plus).
- Outstanding modeling and analysis skills. (Experience using
tools like Xeno/ScorecardPro, Model Builder, SAS Enterprise Miner,
H2O, DataRobot is a plus).
- Solid coding skills in SQL and Python/R.
- Experience developing BI dashboards using Tableau is a
- Keen eye for opportunities to get value from data.
- Ambitious, resourceful, and possessed of excellent judgment as
evidenced by steadily growing professional responsibility.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple
projects at any given time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. In particular,
be able to convert highly technical concepts and results into
easily understood business value proposition.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with partners in
other parts of the company.
- 5 to 7 years experience
- Masters degree in a 'hard' quantitative field (e.g. Math,
Stats, Economics, Operations Research, etc.), with evidence of
outstanding academic achievement. This is a must.
- Ideal candidates will have advanced degrees, although
professional experience and achievement are more important.
Cultural Fit (Our Core Values)
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the
well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products
that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even
when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our
employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each
day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn
and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward
a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting
participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and
embrace healthy, constructive debate.
Why Join The Family
- Fast, continued growth - theres plenty of opportunity for
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees,
most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- 401k with employer match
- Work from home now, hybrid office/home work policy planned for
Willingness to Travel: Occasionally
Keywords: Yoh A Day & Zimmermann Company, San Mateo , Sr. Data Scientist, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!