Company: BigHat Biosciences
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 14, 2022
The Role: BigHat Biosciences is seeking an exceptional Data
Scientist to join our growing team. This position will accelerate
BigHat's data science capabilities focused on advancing BigHat's
state-of-the-art antibody engineering platform technologies and
therapeutic programs. Key Responsibilities The goals and
responsibilities of this position include:
- Drive new therapeutic programs forward through end-to-end
ownership of data science efforts, including design and analysis of
antibody discovery campaigns, implementation and execution of
antibody design strategies for synthesis and characterization, and
critical analysis of the resulting experimental data.
- Improve the quality of BigHat produced antibodies through the
design, implementation, and evaluation of statistical methods that
optimize diverse antibody biophysical properties.
- Collaborate closely with BigHat wet lab, software engineering,
and other team members to enable rapidly iterative molecule
- Innovate new strategies to QC, represent, integrate, model, and
interpret diverse datasets for designing new antibody sequences.
This role reports directly to the Programs Data Science Lead and
has broad responsibilities across BigHat for pipeline
- PhD in a relevant domain Computational Biology, Statistics,
Computer Science, Bioengineering, or similar .
- 3+ years of developing, evaluating, and applying a data science
toolkit in the biomedical space, including: classic statistical
models (regression, ANOVA, random effects models), experimental
design, data visualization, and AI/ML techniques (SVMs, deep
- Competency in Python, R, or similar programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills, experience interacting with
diverse scientific teams.
- Enjoys a fast paced environment and executing across multiple
- Nice-to-haves include:
- Experience with data from phage display, NGS, and immunological
- Work in therapeutic antibody development.
Keywords: BigHat Biosciences, San Mateo , Data Scientist, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!