Legal Assistant, Business Affairs
Company: Take-Two Interactive Software
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Legal Assistant, Business Affairs Who We Are: Take-Two
Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and
marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the
globe. For more than 25 years, our development teams have created
some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful
entertainment experiences, captivating and engaging audiences
around the world. We are incredibly proud of our ability to deliver
consistently the highest-quality titles, as well as our colleagues
who help to create our unique culture and work environment that is
inclusive, diverse, and dynamic. While our offices are casual and
inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity,
innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development
opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving
and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone
your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and
believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to
pursue your passions. - The Challenge: The selected candidate will
serve as a Legal Assistant in the Take-Two offices (either New
York, San Mateo, Austin or other select locations) supporting
several Business Affairs attorneys, with a focus on contract
management. Candidate must possess critical thinking skills and
strong business acumen, and be extremely organized, great at
multi-tasking, proactive and able to engage in complex work,
including drafting and reviewing legal agreements and creating
databases of contractual terms and provisions. The selected
candidate will also provide day-to-day administrative and paralegal
services at a dynamic entertainment company. - What You'll Take
- Provide support to Business Affairs attorneys who handle
matters related to the development, production, marketing,
distribution and licensing of videogames as well as other corporate
- Structure, draft and negotiate a wide variety of legal
- Administer the contract tracking, approval and execution
- Prepare contract summaries and internal reports.
- Counsel our in-house client business teams and keep them
informed of the contracting process.
- Plan and implement initiatives to build databases of
contractual terms to bring a data-driven approach to contract
management and to support strategic decision making.
- Analyze deals within a matrix of rights held by third parties,
such as content distributors, hardware manufacturers, sports
leagues, record labels, music publishers, actors and other talent,
technology licensors, software developers, entertainment companies,
advertising agencies, ancillary merchandise vendors, data analytics
providers, information technology vendors and similar
- Assist attorneys with research via the Internet and other means
and report research findings.
- Update attorneys on the status of various issues and projects
to ensure attorneys are kept informed of new developments.
- Perform clerical activities: maintain files; photocopy, fax,
mail, and messenger documents and correspondence; process and track
expense report submissions; and make arrangements for meetings and
- Serve as part of the Legal team helping Take-Two's publishing
labels create the most innovative and creative products in the most
efficient way possible. What You Bring:
- College degree.
- Strong academic background and excellent critical thinking
- Experience in or desire to learn about the legal field. This
opportunity can be a great path for those candidates considering
applying to law school.
- Ability to work with contract management software, such as
Agiloft, Ironclad or other similar systems.
- Ability to perform data analytics tasks that require accuracy
and strong organizational skills.
- Eager and quick to learn new complex subject matters.
- Must possess common sense, patience, good humor, and a
commitment to teamwork.
- Strong administrative problem-solving skills and time
- Excellent attention to detail, strong written and verbal
communication skills and thorough follow-up.
- Takes ownership of projects, shows initiative and commitment to
drive matters to completion.
- Team-player who can multi-task and work well under pressure,
with constantly changing priorities.
- Professionally interface with all levels of the organization,
clients and vendors.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the videogame industry.
- Must be Internet savvy, computer proficient and able to quickly
learn new software applications.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). What We
- Great Company Culture . Ranked as one of the most creative and
innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency,
diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our
organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth : As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves
on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be
themselves, to be inquisitive and collaborative and to grow within
and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and
flex some creative muscles - through corporate boot camp classes,
company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team
- Benefits . Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with
company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits,
in-house wellness program, broad learning & development
opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and
- Perks . Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free
games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to
$500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more! Take-Two
Interactive Software, Inc. ("T2") is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and
celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout
our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability,
objective qualifications, and work ethic - not an individual's
race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry,
alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital
status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses,
reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Take-Two Interactive Software, San Mateo , Legal Assistant, Business Affairs, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!