Prepared Foods Training Specialist
Company: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P.
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 23, 2022
In addition to primary team duties, the Training Specialist
supports Team and Store Leadership to organize and guide the
training for all new and existing Team Members (primarily in high
volume locations and teams). Ensures the high-quality, timely
completion of New Member Orientation (NMO) for New Members, and
supports Global, Regional, and department-specific training,
including Compliance, Occupational Safety, Food Safety, Product
Knowledge, and Customer Service. Supports Store Leadership with
organizing and guiding the training efforts of Team Trainers and by
supporting other teams' training as needed. Acts as a role model,
maintaining a positive company image and providing
customer-obsessed service.PRINCIPAL DUTIES:DUTIES APPLYING TO
- Ensures new and ongoing store and team training programs are
successfully delivered and completed.
- Organizes, tracks, reports, and maintains accurate training
records using Whole Foods Markets' learning systems.
- Works within training deadlines and goals.
- Coordinates with Store Team Leaders, Associate Store Team
Leaders, Team Leaders, and store Team Member Services Generalists
to schedule New Member training during their first five shifts.
Primary responsibility is to New Members on their home team with
additional responsibility to support the overall coordination of
training on all teams.
- Coordinates with New Members, Store and Team Leadership, and
Team Member Services Generalists on the timely completion of NMO,
regularly communicating status toward completion.
- Attends Team Trainer meetings, as scheduled.
- Acts as a role model for constant food safety, sanitation
procedures, and occupational safety.
- Trains all Team Members on customer service standards and looks
for opportunities to provide timely feedback.
- Trains all Team Members on new products, their differentiation,
sales tactics, and department placement.
- Consistently practices and models proper care, use, and
maintenance of all team equipment and PPE.
- Completes Training Specialist Certification and other assigned
- Familiarizes themselves with the Team Trainer Playbook and
maintains engagement with all communication platforms.
- Assists Regional Training Team and Team Member Services
Generalists with the delivery of Train-the-Trainer for Team
- Mentors Team Members and Team Trainers to reach full potential
and enhance customer and Team Member experience.
- Assumes regular Team Member duties on home team and as a
floater to other teams, as needed.DUTIES APPLYING TO ALL POSITIONS:
- Arrives to workstation on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
according to Whole Foods Market's uniform policy; works all
scheduled shifts and attends required training and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses customer needs
quickly and effectively, and models suggestive selling techniques;
answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, Health and Sanitation,
and Safe Work Practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with Whole Foods Market's cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Store, Regional, or Global
Leadership.PRINCIPAL SKILLSSKILLS APPLYING TO TRAINING SPECIALIST
- Comfortable speaking with small and large groups and inspiring
- Self-motivated, driven, and solution-oriented.
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive
- General computer skills and basic knowledge of software
applications (MS Office Suite).
- Working knowledge of Whole Foods Market's learning
- Achieves and maintains State Food Safety Proctor certification
and proctors Food Safety exams for location, as needed.SKILLS
APPLYING TO ALL POSITIONS
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work as part of
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for high-quality foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with Whole Foods Market's
- 12 months of Whole Foods Market experience.
- Recommend at least 6 months of equivalent experience as Team
Trainer.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour workday: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation pushing, and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting, and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: less than 32 degrees Fahrenheit
(freezers), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), greater than
90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and/or cold environments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.At Whole Foods
Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all
Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other
legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and
promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the
position to be filled and business needs.
Keywords: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P., San Mateo , Prepared Foods Training Specialist, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!