Life Science Research Professional 1 (1 Year Fixed-Term)
Company: Stanford University
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 19, 2023
An NIH-funded research position (Life Science Research
Professional 1) is available immediately at Stanford University, in
the Physical Oncology Laboratory (Department of Radiation Oncology;
PI: Dr. Guillem Pratx) for a 1 year fixed-term. Join a diverse and
dynamic group of researchers in making a lasting impact on
translational cancer research by building novel physical tools and
technologies. The lab's interests revolve around the areas of
cancer imaging, radiation therapy and metabolic heterogeneity, and
is looking for candidates who are:
- Passionate about cancer research
- Interested in cracking difficult problems
- Knowledgeable and curious
- Effective communicators
- Able to work across disciplines
- Attentive to details
- Critical thinkers
- Committed to integrity in science Candidates should have a
Bachelor of Science, or equivalent, in a biomedical-related field
and prior experience working in a research lab. The researcher will
contribute to a project to develop technologies for highly
sensitive cell tracking using positron emission tomography (PET)
and will require development and imaging of a mouse model of
- General wet-lab experiments and assays, and mammalian cell
- Mouse handling, imaging, and model development
- Staying current with scientific literature and apply learnings
to related research.
- Contributing to the preparation of written documents, including
procedures, presentations, and proposals.
- Helping with general lab maintenance (lab stocks, chemical
- Orientation and training of new staff or students on lab
procedures or techniques. - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree in related scientific field. KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- General understanding of scientific principles. Demonstrated
performance to use knowledge and skills when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge of science
principals to problem solve work.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master
computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to
accurately complete detailed work. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Position may require repetitive motion. - Consistent with its
obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable
accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires
accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her
- May require working in close proximity to blood borne
- May require work in an environment where animals are used for
teaching and research.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be
in areas where hazardous materials are present.
- Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal
protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective
clothing and gloves. WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, .
Keywords: Stanford University, San Mateo , Life Science Research Professional 1 (1 Year Fixed-Term), Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!