Lead Producer, Live Operations
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Lead: Live Service Games
As one of the leaders within the gaming industry, PlayStation Studios is focused on how we approach Games-as-a-Service as a part of our strategic outlook for the future. As the Sr. Producer focusing on live service titles, you will lead a partnership with internal studio development teams, not only ensuring the success of the game, in the creation of the overall strategy but in its execution to quality as well!
You will be based in the PlayStation Studios San Mateo HQ and will manage the design and execution of operational processes that result in high-quality, live services games with robust content plans. Additionally, you will collaborate across and unify multidisciplinary teams as a critical driver in ensuring consistent live service delivery resulting in the best possible player experience. Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Development, you will actively partner with developers, global business units and key stakeholders to help define our live service strategy, products, and offerings.
- Take the lead as the development team's primary point of contact with corporate teams, working with developer for project goals and milestone schedules, submission planning, and overall development plans; provide ongoing management check and balance throughout the full product life cycle.
- Review and evaluate game builds and milestones across design, creative, development, and production progress.
- Lead the coordination of live service product strategy, working with internal PlayStation resources to optimize planning in order to drive growth and user engagement, deliver on commercial targets and ensure continuous delivery against product goals.
- Advocate and Educate service partners on live service core competencies, requirements, and best practices necessary to deploy and manage a live service game.
- Work with the Analytics and Consumer Insights teams to provide reporting and data-informed insight to ensure we are identifying the right things that enhance the player experience.
- Coordinate with Managing Producers to supervise and guide activities for both internal and external development resources; advocate for process improvements to improve the player experience.
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR, Customer Support, Publishing, Finance teams and external partners to bridge product development and operations so that live service knowledge is shared and supported.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of project management or product development with demonstrated ability shipping successful projects in a AAA studio with live video game content on console and PC.
- Comfortable communicating and sharing information across a wide array of technical expertise to all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to apply creative solutions within business constraints.
- Robust understanding of game design and the player experience. Must be able to articulate how game systems and features provide quality and fun to the consumer.
- Demonstrable experience supporting complex cross functional projects with successful delivery of quality, schedule and in balancing scope, capacity, budget, risk, and time.
- Experienced decision-making with both qualitative and quantitative data, can articulate the value of each in an analysis.
- Insatiable curiosity and strong knowledge of market trends, customer insights, monetization & business models, emerging/ground-breaking technologies, and advancement in digital, social, mobile executions across all industries.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills to handle sophisticated situations and recommended solutions.
- Proactive self-starter, but also a team player. Ability to listen to and understand various viewpoints and help guide diverse global workgroups to common solutions.
- Must possess a deep knowledge of current and historical game industry trends, and enjoy playing all types of games.
- Mobile experience is a plus.
Lead: Live Service Games
Keywords: Cultivategrandrapids, San Mateo , Lead Producer, Live Operations, Other , San Mateo, California
here to apply!