Application Support Analyst
Company: Genuent Global, LLC
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Application Support Analyst for a project in San Mateo,
CAGenuent is hiring an Application Support Analyst for project in
San Mateo, CA. If you're a match, please apply or contact Tallin
Muskat at or phone Work 50% of time on site at Client and 50% of
time from home. Description/Scope of Work:Provide Highest level
System Admin support for the My Turn application and leadership for
the coordination of the application support technical needs,
connections (interfaces) are monitored and supported for any
troubleshooting issues resolutions and working with the State
resources. Examples of Duties:
- Individually, as a project team member or as a technical lead,
works on and is responsible for complex software applications
research, development, conversion, installation, and maintenance
projects, including planning, organizing, and defining project
requirements, methods, and end objectives in consultation with
end-users; coordinates project activities with team members, other
section staff, user representatives and outside vendors.
- Interviews, analyzes, and documents end user work processes and
systems requirements; conducts systems walk-throughs and technical
reviews; develops or refines system specifications, including
evaluating and testing vendor software packages for conformance
with user requirements and priorities.
- Works with appropriate parties to implement and monitor
interfaces between Client s EHR other entities, and My Turn.
- Facilitates and conducts business process redesign or technical
design sessions and/or focus groups on designing and implementing
new processes or systems.
- Prepares benefits analyses, product evaluation, requirement
specifications, designs, and other analyses and documentation.
- Designs business processes and workflow strategies for the
management, access, and retrieval of data, define data rules and
relationships, and develops methods for quality control of
- Reviews, analyzes, streamlines, and documents business
processes and relates them to application software; recommends and
implements procedural and operational modifications to optimize
internal and customer workflows.
- Develops and implements automated processes, scripts, triggers,
specialized views, and reports in response to user needs.
- Designs methods to import/export data for analysis and perform
a comparative analysis of data from dissimilar applications;
designs and codes; and modified programs for data processing.
- Designs and implements enhancements while ensuring adherence to
standards and procedures for system development, database access,
web-based development, change control, and reporting.
- Configures software and systems to optimize the performance of
relational database systems, application access, and enhance and
support web applications accessing relational databases.
- Designs, develops, tests, refines, and implements software that
supplements or integrates with system applications; customizes and
maintains system objects.
- Develops and executes test plans to ensure application
performance conforms to specifications.
- Responds to and resolves software users' inquiries and
complaints and escalates problems or issues to vendor
representatives as needed.
- Prepares demonstrations and training materials; conducts formal
and informal training programs on the use and operation of the
application system software.
- Conducts special research assignments, gathers data, and
prepares reports for consideration by management or special
committees with supervisors regarding information
technology-related issues, needs, and services.
- Provides direction during major systems incidents to ensure an
expedient response and resolution; maintains communication with all
stakeholders on system status; identifies underlying problems
causing incidents and designs, proposes, and implements
- Functions as a liaison between project managers, systems
specialists, data specialists, communications specialists, and
customer Support Analysts to ensure standards and protocols are
maintained; assists in coordinating activities with other
information services staff.
- Provides recommendations to managers and supervisors on the
development of long- and short-term system infrastructure
- Participates in the review and recommendation of contracts with
outside vendors and consultants; administers, monitors, and
evaluates contract scope of work; reviews design documents to
ensure technical integrity.
- Stays abreast of new trends and innovations in technology
related to Client operations; researches, recommends, and evaluates
vendor solutions and technologies; implements improvements; works
with staff to maintain, revise, or improve operations and
- Writes and maintains user and technical operating instructions
and documentation; provides training to users and other technical
staff and advises on best practices.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to staff
and/or users via voicemail, email, or in-person
- Provide advanced technical and analytical support to users of
department and Client systems and applications.
- Communicate with department personnel to identify and translate
complex information needs into system requirements.
- Communicate business information system needs to system vendors
for the complex design, development, and/or enhancement of system
- Conduct complex research projects on a wide variety of software
and systems issues, evaluate alternatives, make sound
recommendations, and prepare effective technical staff
- Collect, analyze, and interpret procedures and data; develop
sound conclusions, recommendations, and solutions.
- Research, develop, and recommend cost-effective technical
- Develop and implement comprehensive computer operations-related
projects and training programs.
- Lead focus groups or working sessions to establish new
processes or technical designs for improvement.
- Perform analyses of business and system requirements and needs;
identify, evaluate, and solve systems problems; design and
implement new or revised systems and procedures; provide technical
advice and consultation, and ensure efficient computer system
- Deal tactfully with the customers and staff in providing
information, answering questions, and providing customer
- Interpret, apply, explain, and ensure compliance with Federal,
State, and local policies, procedures, laws, rules, and
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record-keeping, and
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple
tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set
priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the
telephone, and in writing.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within
general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work. Education
- Any combination of training and experience that would provide
the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A
typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college
or university with major coursework in management information
systems, computer science, or a related field and four (4) years of
progressively responsible experience in applications analysis,
design, and development.
- Ability to work well within deadline-oriented development
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written
communication skill, teamwork, and customer service skill
- Knowledge of techniques and tools Knowledge, Skills, and
- Advanced principles and practices of computer systems
management, analysis, design, and maintenance.
- Various software packages including word processing,
spreadsheet, SQL database and database management, and reporting
- Data processing management and general administration practices
- Advanced techniques and methods of system evaluation,
implementation, and documentation.
- Advanced data management theory, principles, and practices and
their application to a wide variety of services and programs.
- Principles and practices of project management.
- The organization, operation, and functions of the department as
necessary to assume assigned responsibilities and to determine
appropriate points of escalation.
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulatory codes,
ordinances, and procedures relevant to assigned area of
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and
applications related to the work.
- English usage, spelling, vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation.
- provided by Dice
Keywords: Genuent Global, LLC, San Mateo , Application Support Analyst, Professions , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!