Senior Payroll Analyst
Company: Sony Playstation Network
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: May 12, 2022
PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play - it's also the Best
Place to Work. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in
entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and
services including PlayStation -5, PlayStation -4, PlayStation -VR,
PlayStation -Plus, PlayStation---Now, acclaimed PlayStation
software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that
empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage
everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation,
technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our
growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Payroll Analyst, North America - San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is searching for a Senior Analyst
that will support our North American Payroll Operations. The
candidate will have 4 to 6 years of direct and hands-on payroll
operational experience supporting US and Canadian workforce.
The role will deliver on our 3 Pillars of Success: 1). Timely and
Accurate payroll processing; 2). Foster and Extend our
Service-first Approach; 3). Promote and Advocate continual
progression of our capabilities. The candidate must leverage their
exceptional organizational skills to manage assignments, deliver
timely payroll processing, and be passionate about Customer
Service. The candidate will use their critical and analytical
thinking skills to resolve issues and be comfortable in situations
where details may be limited and/or ambiguous - realizing how the
pieces of the payroll puzzle fit.
* Manage the SIE-Payroll Incident Management area to ensure
requests and inquiries are fulfilled in accordance to defined SLAs;
triage, assign and support cases from our cross-functional partners
(e.g., Benefits, Leaves, Compensation), Sony divisional
communities, and our employees.
* Support auditing of "preview" payroll registers and maintain the
SIE Payroll team action items to prepare corrections/adjustments of
* Be hands-on by supporting the team with preparing necessary
documentation and pay data templates for payroll transactions such
as, but not limited to employee withholding, time data and check
adjustments, tax withholding and garnishments
* Partner with the Operations Lead to continuously improve the SIE
Payroll processes by realizing and develop enhancement to existing
or building new solutions to prepare, audit, balance and reconcile
* Fulfill duties as assigned by the Operations Lead.
How You'll be SUCCESSFUL
With your analytical thinking abilities and operational expertise,
you will have the opportunity to create, empower and enrich an
essential part of SIE's business. In this role, your
responsibilities will span across both functional and technical
areas; involve various internal and external stakeholders with a
focus and drive to support and deliver on the complex needs for our
Qualifications and Success Factors
* Advanced skills using Excel to analyze data as well as
demonstrated proficiency using the full suite of MS Office
* Min. of 3 to 5 years of direct experience using ADP Vantage (US)
and WFN (CAN).
* Min. of 2 year of experience leading an outsourced payroll
environment (ADP COS experience preferred).
* Advance knowledge of time/labor and absence management concepts
and practices with a minimum of 2 years of experience supporting
TLA requirements elicitation.
* Advanced knowledge of wage and hour laws and taxability of wages
- especially for California-based employees (EDD).
* Exemplary customer service skills with a genuine desire to
provide exceptional customer service to our business partners and
most importantly, our employees.
* Self-driven with exceptional time management skills and the
ability to work collaboratively within a team setting or
independently with minimal supervision.
How You'll Standout
* Experience with business process modeling; develop/document
payroll process diagrams/flows, standard operating procedures, and
* Written and verbal skills to effectively partner and interact at
all levels within SIE and affiliate organizations (e.g., Sony
family of companies).
* HR IT/systems experience including Workday HCM, ADP applications:
MyADP, ADP4ME, SmartCompliance, and ServiceNow CRM.
* Understanding of system integration and data exchange principles
(source to target)
* Bachelor's degree; advanced degree in lieu of experience
* CPP or FPC designation is ideal
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive
consideration for employment without regard to gender (including
gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race
(including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin),
religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status,
disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade
union membership or membership in any other legally protected
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and
embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Keywords: Sony Playstation Network, San Mateo , Senior Payroll Analyst, Professions , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!