Electronic Imaging Technician, Per Diem
Company: Sutter Health
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 21, 2022
MPHS-Mills-Peninsula Medical Center
Responsible for assisting in the overall functioning of the
Diagnostic Imaging Picture Archiving and Communications systems
(PACS) located within the facilities campus and affiliates. Duties
include: daily system maintenance, basic technical support, basic
triage and troubleshooting assistance and training assistance to
the product customers and staff. Monitors the systems for data
quality, efficiency, operation, and data integrity.
These Principal Accountabilities, Requirements and Qualifications
are not exhaustive, but are merely the most descriptive of the
current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job
description or require that other tasks be performed when the
circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff
changes, workload, or technical development).
Electronic Imaging Services
--- Assists in the overall functioning of the records management
functions at a specific site/sites.
--- Assures that requests for images are documented, prepared and
distributed as requested and according to established policy and
--- Ensures that patient images are available for scheduled
--- Performs activities related to inactive images including short
and long term archival and retrieval.
--- Performs daily system maintenance, basic technical support,
triage and troubleshooting of the RIS and PACS and assists product
customers in resolving simple issues.
--- May be required to train/precept students and new
--- Monitors the systems for data quality and integrity and
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required
degree or diploma.
HS Diploma: High School Diploma or General Education (GED) or
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 1 year typically acquired in a similar environment
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Some knowledge of Diagnostic Imaging operations and structure,
department-specific policies and procedures and department
workflows for Diagnostic Imaging modalities (e.g. CT, MR, NM,
Radiology, Angio, Film Room, and Transcription, as necessary.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Problem and issue resolution experience.
- Good organization skills, ability to prioritize multiple
activities and objectives in a rapidly changing environment, and
deliver quality service.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive and motivated attitude and be willing to learn new
- Must possess the ability to maintain a high level of energy and
creativity while working independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated abilities to professionally handle patient/family
contact and maintain confidentially.
- Ability to type 40 wpm is desired.
- Use of business office machines, i.e. laser printers, FAX and
copy machines, multi-line telephones.
- Requires critical thinking skill, decisive judgment and the
ability to work under supervision or with minimal
supervision.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- See required physical demands, mental components, visual
activities & working conditions at the following link: Job
Days of the Week:
Number of Openings:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
Schedule/Shift: Per Diem/Casual/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, San Mateo , Electronic Imaging Technician, Per Diem, Professions , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!