Maintenance Worker I
Company: San Mateo County Event Center
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 24, 2023
MAINTENANCE WORKER I - FULL-TIME$25.00 per hour plus excellent
benefitsThe San Mateo County Event Center is a public assembly
facility which hosts a wide variety of events and produces the San
Mateo County Fair, and operates the Jockey Club and asatellite
wagering facility for horseracing. Each member of our team is
committed to building and sustaining equitable and inclusive work
and social environments where diversity is celebrated and valued.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we believe diversity,
equity, and inclusion benefits and enriches the experience of our
staff, clients and guests.Job Summary Maintenance Worker I assists
in the repair and maintenance of the buildings and grounds under
the direction of the Director of Facilities. Essential
Functions/Responsibilities Essential and other important
responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to the
- Operate various types of motorized equipment including
forklifts, sweepers, floor scrubbers, scissor lifts, boom lifts and
electric trucks as well as loaders, bailers, compactors and
conveyers related to trash and debris removal.
- Deliver, set up and dismantle facility equipment as
- Assist in the day-to-day upkeep of event facilities which
includes but is not limited to trash and debris removal, dusting,
mopping and general cleaning of public areas.
- Perform additional duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Knowledge of safe operation of all pertinent equipment.
- Ability to exercise safe lifting and material handling
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
with management, co-workers, clients and customers using principles
of good customer service.
- Requires a willingness to take on new responsibilities and
challenges as well as being open to change and to considerable
variety in the workplace.
- Requires being responsible, reliable and dependable to fulfill
- Work long and irregular hours including holidays, evenings and
weekends. Minimum Requirements
- Any combination of education, experience and training that
would provide the required knowledge and abilities to perform the
responsibilities of this position. High school diploma or
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid California drivers
license and current automobile insurance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain OSHA forklift
- Ability to pass a criminal background check. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the
employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, walk, bend, kneel,
crouch, climb, twist and sit. The employee is frequently required
to make repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily
duties. The employee must lift, carry, push and/or pull moderate to
heavy amounts of weight up to 50 pounds. Works in indoor and
outdoor environments and may be exposed to grease, smoke, fumes,
solvents, chemicals, gases, electrical currents (requiring the use
of specialized personal protective equipment) and all types of
weather and temperature conditions. Operates assigned equipment and
vehicles. Must be able to speak, hear and see. Vision requirements
are close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to
adjust focus. Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: San Mateo County Event Center, San Mateo , Maintenance Worker I, Professions , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!