Business Systems Analyst
Company: JBS International
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: March 9, 2023
The Child Welfare Reviews Project (CWRP) provides technical,
analytical, training, and logistical support to the Children's
Bureau in administering the Federal child welfare reviews. As part
of that support, JBS developed and now maintains a CFSR Data
Management System (DMS). The DMS includes a CFSR Information
Portal, which handles user authentication and access to the
E-Learning Academy (ELA) for training and online learning, as well
as an Online Monitoring System (OMS), a data collection,
management, and storage system. The OMS includes data reporting,
visualization, and analysis component. The Technical support for
Opioid Treatment Program Certification contract (OTP) provides
technical, analytical, training, and logistical support to SAMHSA
in support of their federal responsibilities for tracking OTPs. As
part of that support, JBS maintains The OTP Extranet system. This
system has been designed to provide comprehensive capabilities for
tracking OTPs, their sponsors, medical directors, contacts,
certifications, accreditation reports, exemptions, exemptions, and
accreditation decisions. In the CWRP project, the Business Systems
Analyst (BA) plays a central role on the project's development team
that is responsible for collecting, documenting, and analyzing
business requirements for the DMS, specifying technical
requirements, and delivering software and other types of technology
projects in an agile environment. The BA works with various
stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand end-to-end
business processes and translates these processes into business
requirements and scenarios that can be illustrated in User Stories
with testable acceptance criteria and relevant documentation. The
BA works with the Senior Data and Technology Manager (SDTM) to
ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately
identified, documented, tracked, and resolved for all projects. The
BA on CWRP will have a direct role in planning and conducting
usability and User Experience testing, tracking the status of JIRA
tickets and monthly deployments, and working closely with
developers, designers, testers, and system admin to deploy and
verify updates to the DMS websites. This position requires
experience in using tools for documenting the development and
testing of technical solutions that operationalize the business
system design and implement the business process requirements,
extensive experience in communicating development or design flaws
to development and testing teams, along with the required
corrections. The OTP project is O&M. In this project, the
Business Systems Analyst (BA) is primarily responsible for creating
JIRA tickets, developing business requirements, working closely
with the developer and follow up on status, performing testing,
providing weekly updates to the Project Director, participating in
monthly meetings with the client, and corresponding directly with
the client.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support software development life cycle (SDLC) of several
well-established web applications that together comprise the Data
- Support the PM by coordinating planning, development, testing
and documentation of project to ensure timely deliverables, project
success, and quality.
- Assist in day-to-day operations preparing for and conducting
production deployments, including: requirements collection and
documentation, JIRA ticket creation and assignment, sprint
planning, assist with QA and testing, and assist in coordinating
Jenkins production deployments (typically monthly, more frequently
- Coordinate status meetings and assist in implementing process
improvements for team of developers, designer, QA/testers, and
- Assist developers and QA team in requirements understanding and
testing activities by creating different types of diagrams,
prototypes, use cases, testing scenarios, and internal reference
- Assist in coordinating internal stakeholders, subject matter
experts, and system users or clients, in collecting feedback to
inform and help prioritize bug fixes or future system
- Maintain and update team templates, tracking documentation, and
application change logs.
- Support and track monthly Operating System (OS) and Web
Application Scans (WAS) vulnerability scanning, remediation, and
- Support the creation and upkeep of user-facing guidance
- Support the tracking of software and component version updates
and license installation and renewals.
- Serve as liaison with JBS PMO office to pool resources, share
best practices or innovations, and support general JBS business
development efforts, as needed.
- Support daily communication with the client, including, but not
limited, managing requests, sending clarifying questions, assigning
tickets, and following-up with status.
- Support the project director by coordinating planning,
development, testing and documentation of project to ensure timely
deliverables, project success, and quality.
- Support the project director in creating monthly agendas.
- Attend monthly client meetings, report out on ticket status,
and take notes.
- Be available to test production environment during off hours,
at the request of the client, developer, or project director.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:Education: Bachelor's degreeExperience:
- A minimum of 3 years of business analyst experience related to
software, web application, and other types of IT tools development
(requirements analysis, design, testing, and documentation).
- Experience with agile methodologies, principles, and
- Familiarity with principles of UX/UI as well as Section 508
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as NIST, CMMI, ISO,
etc.Knowledge: Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
Solid knowledge of agile development, test, release, and support
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to balance high quality standards with demanding
- Work well in a team environment.
- Resourceful, self-starter, flexible, proactive, and customer
- Organized in tracking and documenting decisions on multiple
- Prioritize, multitask, and work on multiple initiatives with
minimal guidance.Software Proficiency: Relevant experience with at
least two (2) of the following tools:
- Uses Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and others as needed to produce
project artifacts to communicate complex topics to the team and our
- Requirements and Issue Management tools (e.g. JIRA, TFS,
- Familiarity with Jenkins, BitBucket, Git
- MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
calendarLanguage(s): English fluency (oral and written)This
position description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive standards of the position, nor will
it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations.
Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other
related duties as may be required by their supervisor.This position
is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions
contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for
this position.APPLICATION INFORMATION:Please include a cover
letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
After submitting your application, our recruiting team will review
your resume to ensure you meet the qualifications. This may include
a brief telephone interview or email communication with our
recruiter to verify resume specifics and salary requirements.
Management will be conducting interviews with those candidates who
qualify, with prioritization given to those candidates who
demonstrate the preferred qualificationsJBS is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more
about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by
viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
race, ethnicity, color, national origin, citizenship status,
religion, sex (including pregnancy or related conditions, sexual
orientation or gender identity or expression), marital status,
physical or mental disability, family responsibilities, creed,
personal appearance, political affiliation, matriculation, genetic
information (including family medical history), veteran status,
disabled veteran or a veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other
classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal
Keywords: JBS International, San Mateo , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...