Civil Rights Analyst
Company: Careers In Government
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Civil Rights Analyst - Careers in Government Back Civil Rights
- SMCTD - SAN MATEO COUNTY TRANSIT DISTRICT
- San Mateo , California
- Sep 09, 2023 Full Time Administrative Analysis and Research Job
Description The San Mateo County Transit District serves nearly
100,000 customers each weekday on its SamTrans buses, Redi-Wheel
paratransit vehicles, Caltrain commuter rail cars and shuttles, as
well as a robust capital program. The Transit District, which is in
the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, also is the managing
agency for the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. Staff
enjoys a dynamic organization that fosters personal development and
professional advancement of its staff. The Transit District's core
values include integrity, customer focus, respect, quality,
teamwork, leadership and accountability. Excellent benefits are
Office of Civil Rights
Non-Exempt (Full - Time)
Sunday, October 8, 2023
Work Location: San Carlos, CA
The Civil Rights Analyst reports to the Manager, Civil Rights and
is responsible for supporting the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
(DBE) program with contract compliance, monitoring, and reporting.
The position will primarily work for Peninsula Corridor Joint
Powers Board (Caltrain) and the San Mateo County Transit District
The Office of Civil Rights is responsible for the administration
and enforcement of local, state, and federal civil rights laws and
Sufficient experience, training and/or education to demonstrate the
knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential
functions of the position. In lieu of a degree, work-related
experience that demonstrates the skills and experience necessary to
perform this role will be accepted. Development of the required
knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Social Work,
Human Services, Data Analytics, Economics, Political Science, or
closely related field
- Two (2) years of professional experience with federal and state
civil rights laws, programs, and reporting requirements.
- Intermediate to advanced experience using computer applications
such as Word, Excel (Pivot Tables) and statistical databases.
- Experience in a public or transit agency.
- Familiarity or experience with minority, government, or
business programs (SBE, DBE, MBE, etc).
- Experience with EEO reporting requirements for public
- Experience with B2gnow vendor payment software, Peoplesoft, and
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Create, analyze and prepare quarterly compliance reports for
Federal Transportation Administration and Board submission.
- Coordinate compliance with vendors to ensure prompt payment and
- Develop reports and provide analysis for metrics, budgeting,
and DBE goal achievement.
- Assist DBE Administrator in the tracking of DBE goal
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Collaborate with Agency departments to obtain information
regarding vendors and sub-contracts to ensure compliance in various
- Develop materials to educate and assist internal and external
stakeholders with contract compliance.
- Review and monitor contracts, RFPs, and other documents to
ensure accurate information concerning DBE/SBE participation and
prompt payment reporting requirements.
- Assist contractors with certification or recertification
process by working with the DBE Administrator to gather and review
required information and documentation.
- Communicates with primes, subcontractors, and other vendors
regarding contract compliance.
- Ensure compliance through the B2Gnow compliance database by
tracking payments, resolving payment discrepancies, closing
contracts and ensuring timely audits.
- Creation and preparation of data reports that include both
narrative and data analyses.
- Assist in outreach to vendors regarding DBE opportunities.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to
protect one's self, fellow employees and the public from injury or
harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an
effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
- To apply, please visit the https://www.samtrans.com/jobs .
Complete an online employment application by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday,
October 8, 2023. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the
application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in
the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with
disabilities upon request. If you have a need for an accommodation,
please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 508-6308 or
email written request to email@example.com .
- SamTrans celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an
inclusive and welcoming workplace environment. We are an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women,
Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE:
The process will include a panel interview and may include written
and skills test assessments or supplemental questions. Only those
candidates who are the most qualified will continue in the
selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not
guarantee an invitation to continue in the process.
$35.33 - $53.00 hourly ($73,494 - $110,241 estimated annual)
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
For additional information on SamTrans benefits, please visit,
Holidays: Seven (7) paid holidays, plus up to four (4) floating
holidays per year
Paid Time Off: Up to 21 days per year
Cafeteria Plans: Medical, dental, vision care, group life insurance
Transportation: Free Bus Transportation for employees and qualified
Work Location: Select positions are eligible to work remote up to
50% of the time
Pension: Social Security and California Public Employees Retirement
- Classic Members - 2% @ 60 benefit formula, 3 year average of
- New Members - 2% @ 62 benefit formula, 3 year average of
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the
recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with
disabilities upon request. If you have a need for accommodation,
please call (650)508-6288.
The District is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans and disabled
veterans are encouraged to apply. Job Address San Mateo ,
California United States View Map Employer: SMCTD - SAN MATEO
COUNTY TRANSIT DISTRICT This listing is managed by: About San Mateo
County Transit District The San Mateo County Transit District is
the administrative body for the principal public transit and
transportation programs in San Mateo County: SamTrans bus service,
including Redi-Wheels paratransit service, Caltrain commuter rail
and the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. Caltrain and the
TA have contracted with the District to serve as their managing
agency, under the direction of their boards of directors. Employer
Profile Apply Now Please mention you found this employment
opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board. Share this
job: Other Jobs You May Consider Crisis Intervention Specialist
City of LIvermore Description Refer to the Job Announcement for
more information DEFINITION Und... View Job Orthopedic Technician
Contra Costa County, CA The Position The Board of Supervisors have
authorized the following future salary i... View Job Deputy Title
IX and Gender Equity Officer (525144) Cal State University (CSU)
San Jose Description: Job Summary The University is committed to
providing a safe and inc... View Job ShareThis Copy and Paste
Keywords: Careers In Government, San Mateo , Civil Rights Analyst, Professions , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!