Retail Sales Associate - Furniture/Mattresses, Hillsdale - Full Time
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Macy--s is proudly America--s Department Store. There--s a reason
we--ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy--s is also known for giving back to our
communities. The magic of Macy--s ultimately comes alive in our
stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen.
They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable
shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at
Macy--s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to
explore the world of retail. Some of Macy--s top executives started
their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store
positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and
developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy--s.
Macy--s stores are ideal for building capability in creating
partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of
tomorrow. Macy--s is the --Academy-- for retail careers. A store
colleague position (whether it--s a seasonal job, part-time retail
job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career
in the world of retail. Many of Macy--s top executives started
their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college
graduates into our development programs in the various functions at
Macy--s. Job Overview:
The Furniture Sales Associate is responsible for providing
outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales, protection plan
(WorryNoMore), return rate and Star Rewards goals on a personal and
departmental basis while demonstrating superior product knowledge
to customers. To create a shopping experience that will make the
customer feel welcome and comfortable. The associate is also
responsible for follow-up/clienteling and performing other duties
as necessary Essential Functions:
- Be proficient in all systems need to complete transactions
(SOCR, MySA, BT tablet app, POS, search and send and MPOS).
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop
and compare, whether Macy--s devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store experience and
have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical
customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the priority.
- Handle all returns and delivery issues courteously and
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other
customer preference related factors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build
sales and minimize returns.
- Suggest additional items to compliment customer furniture
selection which includes both product and services such as
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals, Star Reward
goals, WorryNoMore Conversion Goal and return rate goal.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm
reflecting Macy--s commitment to our customer-the most important
person in our stores.
- Use MySa clientele program to maintain customer profile and
contact information to increase personal sales.
- Maintain contact with customers thru pre- and post-delivery
contacts to ensure a positive shopping and delivery
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related
to POS procedures.
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and
pamphlets, attending training classes in order to communicate it to
the customer, complete all vendor courses on the Big Ticket
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales.
- Maintain department recovery standards; which includes recovery
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance
- Follows shortage programs and procedures. Qualifications and
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays Physical
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs Candidates in Colorado: Click
here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits . Candidates in
Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range Candidates in Nevada: Click
here for Pay Range STORES00
Keywords: Macy--s, San Mateo , Retail Sales Associate - Furniture/Mattresses, Hillsdale - Full Time, Sales , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!